- RODS – Maximum of 3 rods allowed per angler. THEY MUST NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME.
- RIGS AND HOOKS – Please use fish friendly rigs only – No fixed leads, only safety rigs using a proper lead discharge system are to be used. Rigs must be able to allow fish to free themselves in the event of a breakage. Micro barbed hooks only to be used. No bent or longshank type hooks. Rig and bait checks can and will be carried out AT ANY TIME. NO PLASTIC BAITS.
- LINE – Minimum of 15lb breaking strain. Braided main lines, leaders (including SAFEZONE type) or LEAD CORE not to be used.
- UNHOOKING MATS & WEIGH SLINGS – Large unhooking mats/cradles and weigh slings and tripods are provided. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN.
- LANDING NETS – All landing nets must be at least 42” minimum and MUST be dry prior to arrival at the lake. This will be checked.
- FISH WELFARE – All fish must be unhooked in the water and removed using the slings provided and not in landing nets. If unsure, a demonstration of this process can be given on day of arrival. Prior to fishing, all anglers MUST be in possession of a PROPOLIS based fish care product, which MUST be used on all hook holes and any other visible injuries. This will be checked on arrival and can be purchased from the fishery if necessary. Any damaged fish must be reported to the fishery manager immediately.
- SACKING OF FISH – Fish sacking is strictly forbidden at all times. Anglers may keep fish in retainer slings provided for a short time, where assistance is required or taking photographs.
- BAIT BOATS – You may use bait boats providing they are used sensibly and with regard to other anglers on the lake.
- FIRES/BBQs – As the lake is located in a forest, NO open fires or BBQ’s are allowed. Gas or petrol stove are OK but must be used responsibly.
- RUBBISH – Plastic sacks and bins are provided for your rubbish. NO RUBBISH TO BE LEFT AROUND THE LAKESIDE
- ON SITE FACILITIES – Toilets and showers must be left clean. DO NOT use the banks, woods or swims as toilets.
- RADIOS – These are allowed but please be mindful other anglers around the lake.
- FISH / WILDLIFE – Any behaviour deemed inappropriate or any damage or interference with the fish/wildlife or the surrounding area will NOT be tolerated and you will be asked to leave immediately. If we feel that you are incapable to fish due to drunkenness we reserve the right to stop you fishing until we see fit. This is for our fish welfare and your safety.
- BAIT – No shelf life bait to be used. NO nuts of any kind, NO maize, maggots or worms are allowed. Particle baits may be used in moderation but MUST be properly prepared. Pellet is allowed but must be purchased from the fishery (We supply the same pellet that we use to feed our fish throughout the winter months, as this is beneficial for fish welfare). NO PLASTIC BAITS.
- GUESTS – Anglers may be accompanied by a non-fishing guest at a charge of £45 per week. If any non-fishing guest breaks the no fishing rule, we reserve the right to terminate the angler and the guest’s stay at our fishery immediately. Anglers are not permitted to bring dogs to the fishery.
- CHILDREN – We do not consider the fishery suitable for children under 12 years of age. All children between the ages of 12 and 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURES – Please do not arrive at the fishery before 11am unless prior arrangement has been made with the owners/management. The draw for all swims will be made at 12.30pm Saturday, with fishing to commence at 1.00pm. Fishing to close 9.00am each Saturday.
- ON SITE BOATS – These are available for anglers use in the event of fish being snagged. Life jackets are provided and MUST be worn. There is no swimming allowed in the lake.
- GENERAL – Other common sense rules and regulations will be advised on your arrival at the lake.
All anglers will be asked to read and sign a copy of these fishery rules on arrival in order to ensure that everybody is aware of what we expect. ANY RULE BREAKS COULD RESULT IN ANGLERS BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE FISHERY. IF ANY ANGLER/S WHO ARE PART OF A GROUP BREAK ANY RULES, THIS MAY RESULT IN THE WHOLE GROUP BEING ASKED TO LEAVE.
You can download and print a copy of our fishery rules here.